Handle your eggs with care until you are ready to use them for a meal. Once they are cracked, you need to assign the contents to the proper function as soon as possible for maximum expression, efficiency, and effectiveness. The following are examples of some tasty dishes that have eggs as a main ingredient.
- Omelette - How do you fold in new building blocks to your foundation in order to build a stronger, layered structure? Do you chop onions (instructions), mushrooms (constructive feedback), peppers (marketing), and bacon or ham (funding) into smaller, manageable pieces? A tasty omelette is an example of successful product development. Whether your product is you or something that you create, make sure that it has the right combination for distribution to others.
- Eggs Benedict - We talked about poached eggs last week. If you put them on top of ham or bacon on half of an English muffin and pour on hollandaise sauce, you get eggs benedict. These are interesting textures and flavors to combine. Don't be afraid to be different. It sets you apart from the competition.
- Egg Whites - What do souffles, meringues, and mousses have in common? Their fluffy, light tops are due to whipped egg whites. The whisk breaks the bonds that hold the structure together. This allows the whites to rise and be molded into peaks or caps. You have the capability to behave like an egg white. When you feel like you have been beaten and stretched to the breaking point, prepare to rise to a new levels of endurance and resilience. You deserve the sweet tastes of triumph and celebration.
- Quiche - This is a dish usually cooked in a pie pan and served in slices. Sometimes dealing with smaller portion sizes helps with digestion (comprehension). It can be exciting to look at the big picture and see the prize at the end of the finish line. However, you are less likely to miss key steps if you divide the tasks into short term assignments. Also, if your ideas are fully baked, they are more appetizing to others.
- Egg Roll - This a familiar appetizer or side dish that has a crispy crust on the outside with vegetables rolled inside. The outside is brushed with an egg wash and deep fried. The egg coating is responsible for the golden brown color. It is important to develop a strong exterior that can withstand the inevitable bumps and bruises that are part of everyday life. While appearance is not everything, it is important. Look like you are having fun and believe in what you are doing.
- Egg Salad - Instead of slicing and dicing ingredients to be included with the egg mixture for an omelette, you actually cut up the egg itself for the salad. We need the hard boiled egg (processes, communication skills, and people skills) from last week. Sometimes it is necessary to peel away the process and focus on getting others to understand and share your vision. Use mayonnaise (relationships) to get everyone on the same page. Season the team with salt (verbal appreciation) and pepper (written recognition).