Have you ever had a 7-Up drink? It has a tart, tangy flavor. Several years ago, there was an advertising campaign that branded 7-Up as the un-cola. The commercials wanted to highlight that the product was different from other soft drinks on the market. While the spots don't air anymore, the slogan is still relevant as a description of something that is in its own class. Let's use the Seven of Diamonds to represent a 7-Up with an emphasis on refreshing points of view and characteristics that make us special and unique.
What are the 7 ups that you can identify and use to your advantage this week?
- Hiccup = An involuntary, momentary interruption in the normal flow of activities. When something doesn't go as planned, your first reaction may be annoyance or disappointment. That is an understandable response. However, move on to the next phase in a timely manner and determine how the pause can work in your favor.
- Supper = The last meal of the day. Are you cooking at home or going to a restaurant? Try to have a balance between the two options. This advice applies to eating as well as other pursuits. Take advantage of available resources that can help you reach your designated finish line. It is great to be able to do things for yourself, but sometimes it may save you time, money, and frustration to have someone else handle certain tasks.
- Sit-Up = An abdominal crunch that targets the torso muscles. It takes discipline to do sit-ups. They are necessary to strengthen your middle, or core. What serves as the center, or foundation, of the end result that you wish to achieve? That should be your focus this week. Do you need to concentrate on building more strategic and effective relationships? Are there skills that you need to enhance with training or partnerships? Do you provide a service or product that needs more exposure? Identify the area that needs to be toned and work on it.
- Nuptials = Marriage. Wedding vows contain phrases like "for richer or poorer" and "in sickness and in health". You need to have the same type of bond with the tasks, activities, and deliverables that are part of your master plan to accomplish your goals. If you encounter budgetary challenges, explore free or less expensive alternatives. Don't get discouraged and lose sight of what you are trying to do.
- Muppet = A fictional, furry children's character. Which Muppet will benefit you the most this week? Should you be Big Bird with a gentle and feathery demeanor? Or will Elmo's happy and playful attitude serve you better? Most people don't consider the Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch as role models, but their persistence and attention to detail are useful qualities.
- Supply = The amount of inventory available for use. It is important to replenish the supplies that you use. If you do not restock on a regular basis, you run the risk of something not being available when you need it. You may often run low on energy. Recharge by eating well and getting enough rest. It helps to have a reliable source of encouragement. I hope this blog provides a consistent supplies you with motivation and confidence.
- Tupperware = Plastic storage containers for food. Your mind functions like Tupperware when it keeps your ideas and plans fresh. Timing is key to everything that you need to do to be successful. Sometimes things may have to be postponed due to circumstances beyond your control. Just because something doesn't work the first time, don't give up and throw away the effort and output. You may be able to use it later and achieve better results.