Queens are royalty. They issue decrees and proclamations. When they speak, people listen. Their statements are reported, repeated, and recycled. In other words, they generate quotes. For this reason, the Queen of Spades can be dealt when you want to share a meaningful quote with someone. Be sure to give the proper credit for the quote and attribute it to the correct person. For example, President Franklin D. Roosevelt said in his first inaugural address the now familiar phrase -"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself". This would be an ideal quote for someone who needs a boost of courage.
Sometimes we may know just the right thing to say to encourage, comfort, thank, or bless someone. When this is the case, deal another card and use your own words. However, when what you want to express has already been said perfectly by another, deal the Queen of Spades and share the quote with them. Some popular sayings that may be used include:
- Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
- Determine to live life with flair and laughter. Maya Angelou
- The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up. Mark Twain
- There is no secret to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. Colin Powell
- People fail forward to success. Mary Kay Ash
The quotes don't have to come from politicians, poets, or philosophers. A line from a popular song might express what you want to convey. Maybe something your grandmother used to say applies to the situation. Regardless of the source, deal the Queen of Spades and share some words of wisdom.